Associate Dir. Value & Market Access - France
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), the Netherlands (Leiden), Germany (Munich), France (Romainville / Paris), Switzerland (Basel), UK (London), Italy (Milan), Spain (Madrid) and in US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you!
We are looking for a Associate Director Value and Market Access (V&MA) for France – Pipeline/Lifecycle/New Product Planning
Scope of the job
Proactively develop pricing and reimbursement strategies for our products (new products, line extensions, off-patent products, revisions …) in order:
- to achieve and maintain reimbursement conditions favourable for the patients, within defined timeframe
- to achieve and maintain fair prices versus the comparators
Pricing and reimbursement strategy
- support the development and implementation of the Market Access Strategy (including pricing and reimbursement) for the Galapagos product portfolio.
- develop and help to implement the local Health Economics strategy in alignment with the global plan to provide perspective on effectiveness, costs and broader impact of new and existing products enabling decisions to be made by payers around resource allocations
- participate in the development and implementation of a strategy to promote the value propositions of Galapagos’s current and future brands.
Pricing and reimbursement filing / negotiation
- manage the development of reimbursement dossiers including the required health economic modelling and budget impact calculations.
- understand and utilize medical and epidemiological information to prepare supportive documents to support negotiations with the various stakeholders in the reimbursement and pricing process.
- participate in the development of pricing proposals consistent with the global pricing strategy.
- develop valuable relationships with key pricing and reimbursement decision makers.
- participate in the development and implementation of stakeholder group advocacy as a tactic to drive pricing and reimbursement success.
- collaborate closely with local and international colleagues from Medical, Regulatory and Market Research, to ensure alignment on market access strategies.
- collaborate with in-field teams to develop local actions supporting regional access.
- carry out analysis of relevant national legislation in the sector and ensure its dissemination to the company and follow-up.
Who are you?
- Master’s degree in sciences, economics, finance or related scientific field (or international equivalent)
- PhD in sciences, economics, finance or related scientific field / or nearing the finalization of the PhD.
- At least 5 years of relevant market access experience in biotech-pharma and ideally other regulated industries.
- Strong strategic thinker with ability to formulate and develop complex commercial strategy is a must.
- Ability to objectively frame, analyse and resolve trade-offs between projects.
- Excellent verbal, written French and English / interpersonal skills in order to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines.
- Strong presence with ability to command respect through exercise of sound business judgment and clear decision-making.
- Basic knowledge or capacity to quickly acquire basic knowledge of pharmaceutical. reimbursement and pricing issues, policies and trends in France.
- Specific interest in Health Economics including Modeling.
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective.
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment.
- Curious with learning agility.
- Operationally excellent, rigorous and methodical.
- Organised with a systematic approach to prioritisation.
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!