Administrative team assistant Medical Affairs - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing biotech company with offices in Europe, in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists, we need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
Scope of the job
Within the Medical Affairs department, you will provide administrative assistance to the Medical Affairs team in Mechelen
- Support meeting logistics (invites, rooms, catering, calendar, etc.) and meeting coordination
- Provide travel, schedule and meeting coordination for senior members of GMA
- Anticipate and resolve administrative needs including last minute meeting requests, unforeseen calendar changes and international travel reservations
- Prepare routine and non-routine correspondence, memoranda, reports, spreadsheets. Interact with company employees at all organizational levels to gather information
- Submit monthly expense reports for senior members of GMA in a timely manner.
- Manage invoice and PO processes, including consultancy fees, vendors, etc.
- Provide general office support
Who are you?
- You have a minimum of 4 years of office administration experience with prior experience supporting executives required; Previous experience working within a fast paced and changing environment is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree desirable
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office especially Outlook, Power Point and Excel
- Proficiency in English (other languages considered a plus)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Must be able to interact and communicate professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Consistently demonstrates respect for people and relates to people in an open, professional, and encouraging manner
- Identifies and effectively communicates obstacles and proposes solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to assess a problem quickly and determine to what level it should be elevated, directing staff to correct person(s)
- Strong attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. You will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!