Administrative Assistant- Romainville, FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in the Unites States (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant.
Manage the day-to-day administrative activities in support of staff across the entire Development Division located at our Romainville office. Act as back up for the Administrative Assistant on other sites at Leiden and Mechelen. Contribute to ensure the successful completion of the PCD activities to meet contractual timelines, milestones and deliverables.
- Support the PCD team in all administrative activities, including the contract, SOW and invoicing processes for outsourced PCD activities, documentation for bringing consultants and KOLs on board, formatting of presentations and/or posters for congresses and/or other business meetings, logistics for in house trainings, literature searches.
- Assist in preparing dashboards in support of Quality and Procurement activities for PCD, in PCD document management on several IT platforms, in nonclinical supply shipment documentation.
- Ensure meetings (local, virtual) are scheduled, required changes managed and meeting room facilities with/without catering arranged accordingly.
- Ensure inter-site travel and international travel requests for employees and international visitors are processed and itineraries are made available.
- Collaborate with the facility responsible to ensure activities related to the expansion of development offices at the Romainville site get executed accurately and timely.
- Perform various administrative tasks such as typing, scanning, printing, and archiving upon request. In the absence of other Administrative colleagues and limited to tasks that require action during such absence, ensure calendars are managed.
Who are you?
- An Associate’s degree or higher education in business administration with a minimum of 5 years in an international environment, preferably in the Pharmaceutical R&D or Healthcare environments. Knowledge and understanding of working on PreClinical activities are a plus.
- Proficient in the use of computer and software systems such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint as follows:
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English is a must; French is a big plus)
- Good organizational, record retention and time management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task. Willingness to complete administrative tasks while gaining exposure to regulations pertaining to preclinical development.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision as well as in a team environment
- Occasional travel including overnight stays may be required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for customer service
- Experience with document collection, review and tracking
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!