Administrative Assistant for Global Medical Affairs Team - Leiden, NL
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Administrative Assistant for the Global Medical Affairs Team.
Scope of the job
You provide day to day operational assistance to the Global Medical Affairs (GMA) team as required.
- You support meeting logistics (invites, rooms, catering, calendar, etc.) and meeting coordination
- You provide travel, schedule and meeting coordination for senior members of GMA
- You anticipate and resolve administrative needs including last minute meeting requests, unforeseen calendar changes and international travel reservations
- You prepare routine and non-routine correspondence, memoranda, reports, spreadsheets. Interacts with company employees at all organizational levels to gather information
- You submit monthly expense reports for senior members of GMA in a timely manner.
- You manage invoice and PO processes, including consultancy fees, vendors, etc.
- You provide general office support
Who are you ?
- You have a bachelor degree with a minimum of 4 years of office administration experience with prior experience supporting executives required; Previous experience working within a fast paced and changing environment is strongly preferred
- MS Office (Outlook, Power Point and Excel) has no secrets for you
- You are proficiency in English (other languages considered a plus)
- You have excellent planning and organizational skills and strong attention to details
- You are able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- You are able to interact and communicate professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- You can identify and effectively communicate obstacles and propose solutions
- You are able to assess a problem quickly and determine to what level it should be elevated, directing staff to correct person(s)
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!