Translational Medicine Leader
The Translational Medicine Leader will be pivotal to the success of the Clinical Development Project team and the Galapagos development pipeline.
The Translational Medicine Leader (TML) will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary Clinical Development Team and provide expertise and guidance on the most efficient development strategy on Galapagos’ drug candidates through the Early Phases of Development. The TML will be responsible for all medical aspects of Early Phase clinical studies for evaluation of new drug candidates in the area of Osteoarthritis, Inflammation, Atopic Dermatitis, Pain, Fibrosis and Metabolism.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President Translational Medicine
- Lead the Clinical Development Team to design and execute the Clinical Development Plan from Phase 1 until Proof of Concept
- Closely collaborate with multidisciplinary team members and other subject matter experts to drive the development of early candidates
- Oversee the study design and execution of early phase clinical studies from design all through reporting
- Provide the Medical expertise needed to drive the decisions
- Lead the Competent Authority and Ethics Committee/IRB submissions and interactions
The successful candidate will combine experience and inspirational leadership with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Furthermore the successful candidate is:
- A strategic thinker, with the ability to help set a vision and lead change
- An outstanding communicator with excellent management and influencing skills
- Scientifically and analytically very well skilled
- Decisive and performance driven, whilst working collaboratively
- A sound judger with high ethical standards
- Diplomatic and tactful
- A mentor
- Able to interact with authority and confidence at various levels both internally and externally
- Fluent in English in speech and writing
- Medical Doctor preferably also PhD with several years of experience in early phase drug development and translational medicine obtained at R&D Headquarters of biotechnology or pharmaceutical companies
- Relevant experience in the area of Osteoarthritis, Inflammation, Atopic Dermatitis, Pain, Fibrosis or Metabolism.
- Very good scientific foundation, preferably within Academia
- Experience level of at least 7 years in Clinical research and 5 years in Pharmaceutical Industry
- Solid understanding of drug development
- Good business acumen