Team Lead in vitro disease group - Mechelen,BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in Boston (US).
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for a Team Lead in vitro disease group
You are an accomplished and highly motivated biologist with proven expertise in leadership and in vitro cellular biology to lead a pharmacology team working on tactical areas with the company. Your team is composed of researchers and scientists whose mission is the development of in vitro cellular and phenotypic assays to support our drug discovery programs.
- Supervise, organize and develop the activities of the cell pharmacology team and make sure on timely delivery of data and assays
- Identify and implement assays, experiments and innovative technologies relevant for the disease of interest in order to support the drug discovery projects in various disease areas.
- Maintain and further develop team expertise as well as individual team members
- Represent the Cellular Pharmacology department in Therapeutic Area projects meetings and interact closely with the Therapeutic Project Leaders.
- Strive to highest quality research, have a critical mind-set towards own and published data
- Contribute to scientific publications, patent authorship and grant or project proposals
- Strive for scientific excellence within the disease areas of interest and drive team members to deliver competitive and scientifically sound assays.
- Ph.D. followed by minimum 7 years of experience in in vitro cell biology and pharmacology applied to drug discovery.
- Proven experience in empowering people and a team within a Pharma/Biotech context.
- Proven successful experience in in vitro biology applied to drug discovery obtained in a Pharma/Biotech context is mandatory.
- Demonstrate expertise in establishing in vitro assay cascades supporting small molecules drug discovery projects.
- Previous expertise in kidney disease or osteoarthritis biology is an advantage.
- Ability to drive multiple projects through matrix based organization and intense collaboration, ability to adapt activity priorities to challenging deliverables
- Ability to bring new ideas and have a strong creativity to tackle challenges issues
- Excellent communication in English is a must
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!