Strategic Planning and Operations Lead (Global Medical Affairs) - Mechelen, BE / Leiden, NL
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in Boston (US).
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for a Strategic Planning Lead (GMA)!
Scope of the job
Galapagos’ Strategic Planning Lead (GMA) will serve as internal liaison fostering collaboration within GMA and between GMA and other Galapagos departments (commercial, market access and development). This person will support the definition and implementation of key projects supporting overall GMA strategy.
- Provide strategic planning and operational management oversight of GMA projects and activities including launch deliverables and life cycle management activities
- Ensure and lead GMA launch excellence development and execution
- Lead the GMA strategic planning and budgeting processes, in alignment with commercial, development and corporate budgeting processes
- Ensure project management support and launch resource planning, in alignment with commercial processes
- Establish milestones and metrics, in collaboration with the GMALT team, and develop a detailed project plan in order to track progress and measure the impact of the activity.
- Manage vendor partners in the execution of projects supporting GMA strategy
- Build and lead any digital strategies and projects in GMA and work closely with the commercial digital lead on common tools and projects
- Develop a monthly report that provides an overview of progress on all key activities, potential risks and mitigation actions
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives when related to improvement of project delivery
Who are you?
Education and Experience
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA or PharmD) in a related field (e.g. in Business Administration, Medical or Science discipline).
- 8-10 years of experience in the bio-pharmaceutical industry is required
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, operations, management consulting or related activities is required
- Experience in Medical Affairs is preferred
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Good business acumen and strategic planning capabilities including budget and resource planning and management
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Good communication skills (e.g. business writing, facilitation and presentation skills)
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrated ability to define implementable initiatives
- Knowledgeable of pharmaceutical compliance regulations and able to operate in a compliant focused environment
- A multitasker keeping his/her cool within a challenging and changing / agile environment
- Strong verbal and written communicator in English language, multilingual is an asset.
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant organizational and presentation software tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!