Site and Patient Engagement Leader - EUR - Mechelen,BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Bazel) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Site and Patient Engagement Leader.
Scope of the job
As a Site and Patient Engagement Leader you are the interface between Galapagos, the investigator, patient organizations and the External Service Provider(s) (e.g. CROs) in outsourced clinical trials. By defining and suggesting recruitment strategies and build good relationships with site staff and patient organizations, you will create an environment that will support the whole team in achieving the successful completion of clinical studies/programs (on time, on budget and high quality data/end results).
- You are accountable for building and managing site and patient organizations relationships. For this you will collaborate very closely with internal key stakeholders of Clinical Operations, Clinical Development and Medical Affairs. This close interaction and engagement with the sites and patient organisation will enable you to have an impact on speed and quality of recruitment of patients enrolled in our studies. This will also enable a closer scientific collaborations with the sites.
- Your ability to understand the patient and site needs, will help you to apply this knowledge in the planning phase of a study, in the study design and in the creation and use of the necessary tools and/or innovative technologies during the study in order to support recruitment and retention of patients and keep the sites engaged. You will suggest recruitment strategies and discuss the implementation of these with the internal key stakeholders.
- In support of the Clinical Study Leader and the Clinical Operations Program Leader you will also perform some study oversight activities at site-level for those activities outsourced to a CRO, for clinical studies/programs assigned to you.
- You will act as liaison between Galapagos and investigational sites/staff to build awareness on our company's global clinical development projects. You will collaborate with Patient Associations to raise awareness about Galapagos clinical trials.
- Your skill set will enable you to independently perform activities associated with the evaluation of competencies of investigational sites and CRO staff, discuss any need or issue encountered and suggest solutions to address these efficiently and effectively. In collaboration with the internal key stakeholders mentioned above you will define the prioritization of which regions/countries or sites to focus on and define the engagement strategy for these specific regions, countries and sites.
Who are you ?
- Master’s degree preferably in biological, pharmaceutical or medical sciences, with at least 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Experience in clinical research in pharma/biotech company or CRO (preferably in Clinical Operations)
- Thorough knowledge of ICH/GCP and applicable local regulation.
- Demonstrated experience of working directly with clinical sites and investigators (experience as CRA and/or Project Manager suitable)
- Good language skills – knowledge of foreign languages is an asset (EU: knowledge of at least 3 languages required)
- Position requires domestic and/or international travel (depending on the region) up to 60% of time
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!