Senior Scientist Fibrosis in vitro disease group - Mechelen,BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), US (Boston) and Bazel (Switzerland).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist Fibrosis in vitro disease group - Mechelen,BE
Scope of the job
As a senior scientist Fibrosis in vitro disease group you will be part of a disease team that develops and runs in vitro cellular assays for target-based pharmacological and phenotypic assays, to better understand the role of target(s) and pathway(s) in the disease of interest. All of this to functionally characterize small synthetic molecules coming out of our drug discovery programs.
As a senior scientist you will:
- Contribute with technical and scientific expertise in our drug discovery projects, supporting the fibrosis disease areas.
- Actively contribute to the in depth understanding of identified targets and/ or pathways in the diseases of interest
- Work together with peers to build competitive in vitro assays representative for the disease and propose concepts to differentiate from competition
- Participate to the creation of scientific excellence within the disease area to provide support to current projects as well as long term development of the disease area
- Be responsible to design, validate and implement new target-based and/or functional cell-based assays and/or assays in complex cellular systems
- Work independently and based on in-depth analysis of experimental results and propose, plan and execute follow-up experiments (for yourself and team member(s))
- Are able to independently solve scientific problems and to help peers solving theirs, both technically as well as scientifically
- Contribute to scientific publications, patent authorship and grant or project proposals
Who are you?
- Ph.D. degree with 3-8 years Fibrosis experience , or Master with 5-11 years relevant experience or professional working and thinking level or equal with 8-12 years experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience with cell biology, pathways and targets, in the disease area of Fibrosis
- A proven track record in scientific excellence (publications, patents, presentation at conferences, …)
- You have the ability to clearly and concisely present (novel) scientific concepts and realization of proposed concepts
- You have the ability to influence your and other managers of scientific concepts relevant to achieve a competitive edge in the disease area of interest
- You have the ability to look for external contacts with relevant expertise and set up relevant collaborations to support internal drug discovery programs
- A proven track record in cellular assay development using state-of-the-art technologies
- The ability to work on multiple projects through intense collaboration, ability to adapt activities priorities to challenging deliverables.
- The ability to guide and support work of team member(s)
- Technical proficiency in (primary) cell culture techniques, cell- and/or image based assay development, primary cellular systems and complex cell cultures (3D, co-culture, etc.)
- Excellent communication in English is a must
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!