Senior Scientist Cellular Pharmacology
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist Cellular Pharmacology.
Scope of the job
As a senior scientist you will be part of a team that develops and runs in vitro cellular assays for target-based pharmacological and phenotypic assays, to functionally characterize small synthetic molecules coming out of our drug discovery programs.
As a senior scientist you will:
- Contribute technical and scientific expertise in our drug discovery projects, supporting several disease areas
- Be responsible to design, validate and implement new target-based and/or functional cell-based assays and/or assays in complex cellular systems based on readouts including proliferation, differentiation, cytotoxicity, activation, high content analysis, flow cytometry etc.
- Constantly look for new technologies for cell-based assay development, implement them and apply/transfer this technological knowledge to different disease area
- Generate robust and complete data sets to support key decisions on novel drug targets, assay performances or project deliverables
- Work independently and based on in-depth analysis of experimental results and propose, plan and execute follow-up experiments
- Will be able to independently solve scientific problems and to help peers solving theirs, both technically as well as scientifically
- Strive to highest quality research, you have a critical mind-set towards own and published data
- Provide feedback and updates of your work and results to your line manager and the project teams
- Generate new ideas or concepts based on literature and recent developments
- Participate and /or present in internal and external meetings
- Contribute to scientific publications, patent authorship and grant or project proposals
Who are you?
- Ph.D. degree with 3-5 years relevant experience, or Master with 5-8 years relevant experience or professional working and thinking level or equal with 8-12 years experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience with cell biology, preferentially in various disease areas
- A proven track record in cellular assay development using state-of-the-art technologies
- Technical proficiency in (primary) cell culture techniques, cell- and/or image based assay development, primary cellular systems and complex cell cultures (3D, co-culture, etc.)
- The ability to work on multiple projects through intense collaboration, ability to adapt activities priorities to challenging deliverables
- The ability to bring new ideas and have a strong creativity to tackle challenges issues
- An excellent team player with objective driven mind-set
- Excellent communication in English is a must
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!