Scientist Translational Science
Ref: RMV 160 & 161 - 6 months (2 position: straing in Nov 2017 and January 2018)- full time - f/m
This position gives you the opportunity to perform biomarker research in an exciting and dynamic environment of a well-known successful international biotech company.
- You will join a team that is dedicated to Translational Science to support research projects in different disease area, including inflammation and fibrosis diseases.
- You will identify and validate (both technical and biological) biomarkers in blood and diverse tissues. In this context, you will participate in the validation of our therapeutic targets in disease rodent models, the characterization of the activity of our proprietary compounds from research to development, the development of biomarker for clinical development.
- You will develop and execute in vitro and ex vivo assays according to Galapagos standards. You will analyse tissues samples from rodent disease models.
- You will review technical and scientific literature.
All this is done in a team-oriented, result-driven, international research environment that provides an excellent career opportunity for a motivated scientist.
- You have a PhD in biological sciences (or equivalent by experience)
- You have a profound knowledge in the fields of molecular and cellular biology including most common biological pathways, as well as in the field of pharmacology.
- You are experienced in a wide range of technologies (luminescent and fluorescent readouts, RT-qPCR, flow cytometry, development of ELISA assay, Western Blot, multiplex analysis, tissue extraction process). Experience in cellular, ex vivo and in vivo pharmacology is an asset. You independently plan your experiments; deliver efficient and constructive analysis and reporting.
- You have excellent organizational skills. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as good command in English (writing and speaking).