Purchaser - Category Manager Commercial, Sales & Marketing and Medical Services
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), US (Boston) and Bazel (Switzerland).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for a Purchaser - Category Manager Commercial, Sales & Marketing and Medical Services - Mechelen,BE
Category Buyer with focus on commercial, sales & marketing, and medical services (Communication & medical agencies, market access, market research & data, digital, congress & events). You will build the category purchasing strategy an support new and growing commercial operation teams (global and local) in negotiation, RFI-RFP, tenders analyses, good practices training -
- Identify opportunities of costs savings and timelines/quality improvements
- Support in setting-up contracts
- Operational procurement tasks management
- Supplier relationship management (SRM): selection support, assessment, build tools for evaluation (metrics, KPI, etc.)
- Support business in RFP negotiations, benchmarks, trends and bid defence
- Constantly dig on the market to bring innovative solution and suppliers
- Understand the supplier’s cost structure in order to analyse efficiently the cost drivers
- Create and implement outsourcing purchasing tools (RFP-RFQ)
- Understand the supplier’s and CRO’s cost structure in order to analyse efficiently the market
- SRM: with the support of internal customers, relationship building, data review and analysis, performance monitoring and improvement.
- Sub-processes: Supplier Segmentation, Supplier Performance Management, Create Purchasing reviews, Supplier Risk Management.
- Sourcing: Support business functions and Approach to Market, Sourcing Documentation Creation, Negotiation and Supplier Selection, Sourcing Implementation.
- Contracting: Systematically and efficiently support in legal contract review, approval of financial terms and conditions, compliance to maximize financial and operational performance and minimize risk. Sub-processes: Legal, Finance, Contracts Approval, Contract Management and Compliance.
- Ensure, apply and deploy integrity of the procurement strategy that satisfy efficiency, regulatory, quality and savings goals
- Ensure integrity of the internal processing in compliance with SOx obligations and internal procedures
- Back up support of other purchasers
Who are you?
- Master Degree in Economics, Business Administration or equivalent by experience
- Knowledge in marketing and commercial activities
- A minimum of 5 years in an international environment with at least 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical/Life Sciences marketing procurement is required
- Hands-on attitude and result oriented
- Professional English level (French and/or Dutch is a plus but non mandatory)
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!