Publication Lead (Global Medical Affairs) - Mechelen,BE / Leiden,NL
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in US, (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Publication Lead (Global Medical Affairs)!
Scope of the job
We are looking for a Publication Lead who will be able to define the publication strategy with Global Medical Affairs and development stakeholders for all Galapagos key publication projects.
- Develop and implement strategic and in-year tactical publication plans
- Develop and implement an integrated, compliant, fit-for-purpose publication management platform across Global Medical Teams
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders (societies, KOLs and journals) in planning, integration and execution of medical publication activities
- Collaborate with Gilead or other partner companies on publication strategy and implementation
- Identify, select, and manage 3rd-party providers and independent contractors to ensure the timely delivery of quality publications
- Provide support to map, establish and manage relationships with key publication bodies
- Track and report Global Publications performance
- Manage vendor budgets and contracts
- Collaborate with Global Medical Communications and plan medical participation at multi-product / disease area congresses, symposia and events
- Review publication drafts for scientific quality and ensure alignment & consistency with Compliance/ Legal
- Promote and support good publication practices and principles among authors and internal publication stakeholder community ensuring all publications are being authored, written, and reviewed
Who are you?
- A medical degree, PhD or PharmD is preferred; bachelor’s degree in biomedical discipline or equivalent with experience in publication management is considered
- ≥10 years of experience within medical affairs or clinical research roles (e.g. Publications/Scientific Writing, Medical Information, Medical Communications, Medical Education), 3 years of which include a publications leader role in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in managing vendors
- Knowledge of scientific publication planning approaches and best practices is required
- Familiarity with regulatory and legal guidelines regarding publication planning strategy and execution
- Strong communication, presentation, and written skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong relationship management skills
- Scientific expertise in the disease/therapeutic area preferred
- Understanding of the clinical trial design and execution, statistical methods and clinical trial data reporting requirements
- Understanding of good publication practices and guidance
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!