Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Payroll and staff administration officer
Scope of the job
Within the local French HR team, under the supervision of the HR manager and in permanent collaboration with the Headquarter, you will be responsible of the externalised payroll, the staff administration and the EHS scope of the HR group. You perform all the operational tasks and suggest implementation or improvement plan for your scope of activities. As a specialist, you are the spokesperson, for payroll or HR Informatics system projects, towards the headquarters. You can participate to other HR projects.
• staff administration
- local specialist of the HR software and direct interface with the HRIS manager at the headquarters,
- perform the staff administration for a population of around 150 people (all status); you then are a specialist of the application of the labour code, branch and local agreement,
- manage the employee’s apartment request (1% logement),
- perform all the staff administration legal declaration (DPAE, RUP, DOETH, 1% logement, retenue à la source, etc.).
• Payroll for the French local site (around 10 different profiles including expat)
- accountable of the update and accuracy of the payroll data and staff administration balances (congés payés, RTT, IJSS, CET…),
- prepare, check and transfer the EVP to the payroll provider,
- contribute to the payslips checking and payroll validation,
- closely collaborate with accounting and controlling to follow the payroll data,
- you are the French specialist of the payroll software.
• Hygiene, environment and safety
- manage all the professional medical appointment, check the medical advise and suggest work condition adaptations,
- manage the accident at work, professional illness and incident report, update the books and assist the HR manager during the EHS commission with the employee representatives, - in collaboration with Facility and EHS services, you implement safety trainings.
Who are you ?
We are looking for an expert. You have at least 5 years of relevant experience in payroll, including at least 3 years calculating the payroll.
We prefer an HR education rather than an accounting one: you must master the French labour code and its consequences on payroll. However, we are open to several profiles.
Having a first experience with the CCN des Industries chimiques is appreciated.
With a lot of rigor, methods and organisation, you know how to handle multiple demands from employees and colleagues. You already worked in matrix or project mode.
Service to employee is your guideline and you then know how to greet and help employee, still being able to say no if necessary.
You are curious and like the change: in a company fully evolving, you are ready to embrace new challenges.
You are a team player: you know how to adapt your workload to the team’s one and no let your colleagues alone.
Our local employees and our international colleagues does not all speak French: a fluent English is required.
What’s in it for you ?
Our team is dynamic, with a bunch of project and HR is our professional passion. Our company is evolving and we must be fully part of this change: our ideas and our technical allow us to be an efficient and creative support of the company’s projects. We must apply the French laws in an international context. You like to have diversity in your topics and new challenges? Join us!
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!