Medical Advisor Inflammation Rheumatoid Arthritis - Benelux
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for Medical Advisor Inflammation Rheumatoid Arthritis-Benelux
We are looking for a new colleague in our medical affairs department with a solid scientific background preferably with a genuine interest to advance science and healthcare to ultimately meet patient’s needs.
Examples of your key responsibilities:
- Serve as a local Medical representative on standing and project-based cross-functional teams
- Act as a local disease/product subject matter expert with external scientific leaders, policy makers, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities
- Work with the Global Medical Team (GMT) to develop local medical strategy, including e.g. in-line R&D LCM strategy, publications strategy, congress strategy, customer interaction strategy
- Support the planning & implementation of symposia and educational meetings/events with HCP’s
- Provide medical assessment of Investigator Initiated Research (IIR) proposals and other grants and be the local representative at the grants committee for the respective studies
- Establish and/or enhance partnerships with key local academic institutions and develop relationships with key thought leaders
- Develop and maintain collaborations and relationships with relevant professional societies
- Plan and managing local medical Advisory Boards and conferences
- Establish appropriate partnerships with KOLs in areas of scientific interest
- Develop and maintain knowledge of local pharmaceutical regulations, guidelines, codes of practices and Galapagos policies related to all medical activities
- Support development of the in-year tactical plan and budget for the local initiatives
- Conduct therapeutic training programs for Galapagos sales reps, KAMs and MSLs as needed
Education and Experience Requirements
- A medical degree or scientific degree (PhD or Pharm D) is strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in medical affairs is required
- Experience in Benelux is preferred
- Experience leading project teams at the brand or disease area levels in country is preferred
- Experience in field-based roles (e.g. Medical Science Liaison or CRA ) is preferred
- Experience in the disease area of interest through clinical experience, biopharmaceutical experience or education is strongly preferred
- Experience in leading pre-launch of an innovative drug as well as launching a drug at an international level is strongly preferred
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Solid Scientific background, preferably in immunology/rheumatology
- Demonstrated business acumen and operational skills
- Ability to think strategically and tactically from a medical perspective
- Ability to collaborate appropriately with Commercial functions
- Ability to represent company’s interest in scientific forums as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English, Dutch and ideally French)
- Ability to drive initiatives without direct line management authority
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate
- Results orientation and accountability
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific and technical information
- Unquestioned ethics are a must
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Management of discrete medical projects
- Representation of global/international medical affairs and contribution to a range of internal functional groups
- External stakeholder management and engagement
Who are you ?
We are looking for a new colleague in our global medical affairs department with a solid medical/scientific background and experience within the therapeutic area of gastroenterology. A genuine interest to advance science and healthcare in these areas to ultimately meet patient’s needs is mandatory. You are analytical to optimize data interpretation but also well capable to present data in a clear way both in writing as well as verbally and tailored to your audience. You are a team player with an open mind set who “dares to try” and can easily shift gears as needed. Creating a medical strategy as well as initiatives and implementing those is something you enjoy and can be accountable for. When working with partners you are able to clearly represent the medical department of our company. You are honest and firm when it comes down to scientific and clinical data and will always keep in mind what it means for a patient with everything you do.
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!