Marketing Director - Mechelen, BE / Leiden, NL
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you : The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Marketing Director
Scope of the job
The Marketing Director will be a key member in the Global Marketing team at Galapagos. He/She will be responsible for developing and implementing the marketing strategy for the launch of our first product and many more indications to come.
The Marketing Director will report to the VP Marketing and work in partnership with the commercial, market access, medical, and development colleagues. Together you will ensure seamless launch execution is in line with business strategy and goals.
- Collaborate successfully with our co-promotion partner on a global, regional, and local level
- Actively contribute to the development of strategy and tactical implementation
- Collaborate with co-promotion partner in development of commercial materials for EU
- Conduct commercial assessments for global potential in different indications in inflammation
- Develop and validate Target Product Profile (TPP)
- Take responsibility for bespoke competitive intelligence for EU in inflammation
- Support the execution of the strategic planning process for GLPG’s future product launches.
- Work closely together with VP Marketing to provide market intelligence data and trends
- Prepare GLPG for successful launch of new products. Conduct deep market analysis in all prospective markets and customers.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Commercial Operations to successfully implement and manage all Go-To-Market activities for new product launches.
- Enable timely and successful product launches
- Support Launch readiness reviews of EU countries
- Support launch countries with coordination of the localization and customization of materials
- Demonstrate strong marketing functional competence as well as strong analytical capabilities and sound, broader strategic business judgment.
- Together with the commercial team drive product strategy and sales; ensure excellent communication to commercial team
- Understand and highlight key insights into competitor and target markets
Content Marketing Expert
- Be known as one of the “go-to” Marketing person within Galapagos for commercial and strategic insights
- Build effective and productive internal relationships within Galapagos in all disciplines; R&D, development and shared services
- Be able to represent Galapagos externally
Who are you ?
- At least 10 years of marketing/brand management experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech or life-science environment
- Experience in successful product launch.
- Proven ability to analyse markets and competition
- Familiar with health economics and pricing strategy.
- Good knowledge of regulatory and medical processes.
- A multitasker keeping his/her cool when confronted with large amounts of work in a challenging and changing/agile environment
- Experienced in successful cross-functional teamwork
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to lead in developing an innovative marketing
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!