Internal Control (SOx) Manager – Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in US, (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for an Internal Control (SOx) Manager – Mechelen, BE
You will support the Internal Control Director in ensuring SOx compliance is maintained after its successful implementation. You will play a key role in managing the SOx audits, performing risk assessments, developing policies and procedures to cover the potential gaps in internal controls, ensure their implementation and monitor compliance.
Your main accountabilities:
- Evaluate the adequacy of the design and operating effectiveness of the Company's internal controls and processes through risk assessments, walkthroughs, testing of controls, continuous monitoring of control compliance and reporting results to the Internal Control Director.
- Conducts operational, financial, and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of business processes
- Lead the Sarbanes-Oxley audits from planning through execution to reporting.
- Act as a liaison and coordinate activities with third party auditors and control owners to ensure testing is done in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper buy-in and collaboration from control owners and other departments such as Procurement, HR, Legal, IT, Research & Development.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Further develop written internal policies and work instructions for process and control owners.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls, including all US/Nasdaq requirements.
- Provide training to control and process owners.
Who are you?
- An education at university level is required (economics, business administration) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 6 years in an international environment with experience in IFRS is required.
- Experience with SOx implementation is a plus
- Experience in audit or risk management advisory is a plus
- Experience in the life science sector is a plus but not a requirement
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Dutch and/or French
- Experience in writing internal policies and procedures and process evaluation and documentation
- Experience with SAP S4 Hana is a plus
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!