Ref: RMV 141
Galapagos central Information Systems (IS) department has support staff in most locations. For Romainville (Paris - France) we are looking for a Business Analyst who is able to operate as part of the global IS team as well as represent the department in the local site.
In the Romainville office you will be working amongst scientists and cheminformaticians who focus on late phase discovery, using the latest technologies and ideas. An essential part of your role will be to translate the local needs into global system solutions.
Another part of your role will be to participate in global IS projects, implementing research related systems in all sites. For this reason, and to stay well connected with the rest of the team, this role will require for certain agreed periods 1-2 days per week working in Mechelen, Belgium.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
· A Master degree in Information Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
· At least 3 years relevant experience supporting processes in a Pharmaceutical environment, preferably late phase discovery related;
· 5 years relevant experience in business analysis of information systems, preferably using standard notations like BPML, UML, use cases, scenarios, etc.
· The ability to work independently, being able to partner on all applicable levels with the user groups;
· The ability to find sensible system solutions for complex business challenges;
· Good communicator, both in English (must) as well as in French (preferred);
· Technical knowledge of common programming languages and hands-on experience developing system solutions is a plus.