Health, Safety and Environment Partner - Mechelen,BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), US (Boston) and Bazel (Switzerland).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for a Health, Safety and Environment Partnert - Mechelen,BE
Scope of the job
As a HSE Partner you ensure that environmental, safety and health regulations are correctly applied.
- You advise and support the management on the well-being of the employees, the safety at work, the protection of health, the psycho social aspects, the ergonomics and the beautification of the workplaces.
- You follow up changes in relevant legislation and standards and take appropriate measures to ensure timely compliance and communication with the right departments.
- You know the techniques of risk analysis and work proactively to avoid risk situations, you search for pragmatic safety solutions in consultation with the departments and adjust work instructions if necessary.
- You participate in incident investigations, you report and you take the necessary steps to prevent repetition and unsafe situations.
- You manage, maintain and support emergency plans and first aid.
- You contribute to waste management such as: collection, separation, disposal, waste management and registrations.
- You contribute to the implementation of the EHS management system and the achievement of predefined targets.
- You are part of the Internal Service for Prevention and Protection at work and report to the EHS Manager of the Galapagos sites.
Who are you?
- You are a prevention adviser niv II
- You have a high safety awareness, you work in a structured and structured manner and have a great sense of responsibility.
- You are analytically strong, dynamic and communicative and you are able to enthuse employees.
- You are a team player, eager to learn and flexible.
- A fluent knowledge of Dutch and English is a must!
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!