Director Accounting and Treasury - Mechelen,BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you : The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Director Accounting and Treasury
Scope of the job
The Director of Accounting and Treasury is responsible for leading the accounting teams and financial planning and analysis efforts related to treasury. This leader will work closely with the Financial Controlling and Reporting teams. This candidate will have a proven record of working with the business to implement process improvements and best practices in the area of accounting and cash management.
- Oversee the company’s accounting functions of all company subsidiaries.
- Organise the accounting operations in order to ensure SOX compliancy, on time and accurate monthly reporting
- Review monthly account reconciliations and variance analysis
- Interact with other department leaders to gain a deeper understanding of financial data and underlying transactions
- Ensure efficient operations by analysing accounting processes, making recommendations and implementing new procedures
- Strive to accounting process standardisation across all subsidiaries in a context of a fast growing business
- Ensure respect of obligations with regard to legal reporting in all countries where the company has a subsidiary
- Assist with financial audits and supporting internal and external auditors
- Training, supervising, motivating and developing staff members on payroll in Mechelen (BE) and Romainville (FR)
- Organise the collaboration with external accounting offices in other countries where subsidiaries are located when outsourcing is required
- Provide leadership and direction to treasury operations including cash management, cash forecasting and bank relationships
- Responsible for cash forecasting and investing-decision making
- Ensures that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements. Advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning
- Identify and implement process and system improvement opportunities to improve cash flow and organizational efficiency
- Manage treasury and related policies, controls and compliance with SOX and other regulatory requirements
- Leads credit card and other treasury initiative programs
- Develops and manages banking relationships and conducts analytical reviews of banking services and fees
Who are you ?
- Master’s degree preferred, Bachelors in related business fields a minimum requirement, along with 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience.
- You have had exposure to IFRS exposure, you understand the basic rules
- You are a strong project manager with the ability to drive work to completion, managing large and complex projects.
- You are a good communicator who is fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- You have the ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems, keeping a positive mind set and always looking at the bigger picture.
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!