Customer Insights and Engagement Head
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (CH) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
Scope of the job
We are on our way to become a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company, starting commercialization in Europe in 2019-20 and few years later in the US. We are defining our go-to-market model, building the basic infrastructure to operate in the markets and exploring ways to partner with stakeholders in valuable and innovative ways.
To do it, we are looking for a Customer insights & engagement head.
Raise the bar: bring Galapagos go-to-market on the next industry performance curve
Embrace change: define sharply where change is needed and where to implement efficiently standard solutions
Act as a pioneer: take and apply learnings from other industries (medtech, banking)
Make it happen: ensure foundational operations in place; translate the vision into a plan, encompassing all capabilities needed, the resources, the cross-functional interaction
Set sail: embrace the ambiguity, get started and keep going; learn while doing, deliver the “must-do” (e.g. CRM, analysis, reports) while designing and building the elements of innovation and differentiation
You and your team (to be built) will:
- support international and national commercial teams in the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative information
- gather customer data
- analyze monthly/ quarterly sales, customers data, segmentation and channels activity data
- support the planning and execution of market researches for global and countries
- use agile methodology to plan, design and run pilots and rapid measurement of impact
- established and managed operations for commercial channels (e.g. CRM, digital, training) including new geographies and launches
- translate data into relevant insights
- customer interface design
- model, plan and update international commercial scenarios (from patient prevalence to revenues), with the guidance of the brand leaders
- create models for bottom-up sales forecasting and scenario planning with country commercial leaders
- analyze customer data to define profiles, preferences and other insights relevant for channel and brand strategies, in alignment with franchise and country leaders
- summarize all above in KPIs and executive reports maintained and distributed regularly
- define with the franchise and country leaders the blueprint of our interaction with customers
- recommend features of customer interfaces to inform organization setup, recruitment, onboarding programs, training, etc.
- build digital channels in collaboration with IT and vendors and support franchise and country leaders in their uses
Who are you?
- At least 10 year international experience in biotech-pharma and ideally other regulated industries (e.g. medtech, banking)
- Established and managed operations for commercial channels (e.g. CRM, digital, training) including new geographies and launches
- Proven ability to analyse markets and competition
- A multitasker keeping his/her cool when confronted with large amounts of work in a challenging and changing/agile environment
- Experienced in successful team management and cross-functional teamwork
- Experience in vendor selection and management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to lead in developing an innovative marketing
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!