Corporate Tax Director - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Corporate Tax Director Mechelen
Scope of the job
This position is responsible for the Company’s tax planning, tax compliance and accounting for income taxes. The successful candidate will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities.
- Responsible for global tax compliance, including specific R&D tax regimes in various countries
- Provide advice on a broad range of tax accounting related subjects. Provide tax support to senior management as requested
- Responsible for international corporate tax returns, guiding staff and providing hands-on knowledge
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes for headquarters and subsidiaries
- Responsible for quarterly/year-end tax reporting packages (including tax provision, return to provision, tax roll-forward,...)
- Responsible for transfer pricing and management fee arrangements
- Responsible for audits of income tax
- Liaison with accounting staff and controlling department on tax accounting issues
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes
- Lead the tax strategy and planning (long term tax modelling)
Who are you ?
- Master’s degree in finance / tax
- Excel skills
- Ten years of related experience with at least 3 years in a public accounting firm.
- You have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environmen
- International tax experience required
- Strong technical knowledge, especially in R&D tax regimes
- Strong organization skills, high degree of flexibility, assertiveness and a critical mindset are key for success. In addition you are experienced in data gathering, problem solving and you have strong analytical skills.
- You will report to the Vice President finance and will work closely with top management.
- You are a good communicator (both written and oral)
- Good working knowledge of IFRS reporting
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Experience with ERP systems
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!