Business Analytics & Forecasting Lead - Mechelen, BE / Leiden, NL
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in US, (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Business Analytics & Forecasting Lead
Scope of the job
The Global Business Analytics & Forecasting Lead will provide forecasts, analysis, and actionable insights for both (early) pipeline and marketed products that will lead to the achievement of our goals.
- Model, run and update international forecasting scenarios (from patient prevalence to revenues) for our late (e.g. inflammation, IPF) and early pipeline (e.g. osteoarthritis) products with the guidance of the brand leaders
- Create forecasting models and support the business in bottom-up and top-down sales forecasting and scenario planning for Phase 3 and marketed products
- Analyse sales data, customer insights and data from i.e. CRM and digital channels (first focus on inflammation in BNL and EU5)
- Effectively support the business by providing actionable insights and hypothesis from different data sources on global and country level
- Set up automated dashboards and reporting for commercial organisation in close collaboration with finance department
- Take ownership for summarizing and presenting findings and driving data-driven objectivity into the development of forecasts
- Consistently challenge the validity of forecasting assumptions leveraging a range of data sources and analyses to identify most likely outcome
- Use agile methodology to support pilots and rapid measurement of impact
Who are you?
- BA/BS/MA degree in Economics/Science or equal through experience
- 5+ years of work experience in forecasting, marketing sciences, strategic consulting, customer insights and/or other analytical work in the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industries
- Results oriented with high level of initiative and assertiveness
- Ability to comprehensively understand and convert market, consumer, category, competitor, and channel/customer insights into actionable plans and recommendations
- Excellent written, verbal and collaboration skills in English. Any other national language is a plus
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company’s commercial team. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!