Biostatistician - Mechelen,BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Biostatistician.
You will be part of the rapidly expanding Biostatistics team. Our mission is to apply the appropriate statistical methodology to deliver the portfolio through collaborative scientific leadership and operational excellence. Our core business is the design and analysis of Phase 1-3 clinical trials and accurate interpretation and communication of statistical results and concepts to the clinical team.
You will be responsible or involved in:
- Design and analysis of Clinical Pharmacology trials in healthy volunteers
- Design and analysis of Proof of Concept studies and Phase 2/3 trials
- Bringing the data to the team through high-quality visualization
- Oversight of the external service providers
- Modeling and Simulation efforts to provide answers to complex statistical problems
- Gaining insight in the specific disease area and the competitive landscape through focused literature search and summarizing of publically available data
- Continuous improvement of our processes to enable flawless execution and inspection readiness
- You have a PhD or a Master degree in (bio)statistics and a strong interest to keep up to date with proceedings on statistical methodology in relevant fields.
- You have extensive experience in data analysis and are able to apply modeling, simulation and data visualization using SAS and/or R.
- You are able to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge about the specific disease area you will be working in and in clinical pharmacology.
- You are a keen learner, a strategic thinker and knowledgeable about the various aspects of clinical development and regulatory requirements.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- You are a team player and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in drug development is an asset but is not an absolute requirement provided the candidate can demonstrate to be of significant added value to our biostatistics team.
- We consider candidates who are graduates from an internationally renowned PhD program in Biostatistics, but have otherwise no relevant industry experience, eligible for application.