Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you : The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Biomarker lead, Associate Director
(Permanent contract / Full Time / F-M)
Scope of the job
This position completes the team of Translational Sciences with a strong biomarker and pharmacodynamic expertise applied to clinical trials. The biomarker expert provides scientific, technical and operational input for biomarkers implementation in clinical trials.
- Contribute to clinical biomarker strategy within Galapagos
- Contribute to biomarker plan of clinical studies from Ph1 to 3 (scientific rational, technical expertise)
- Identify and validate biomarkers for clinical use.
- Select CRO and subcontractors for biomarker analysis and interact with them from the preparation all the way through to the completion of the study. Ensure biomarker service providers, biomarker assays are selected and utilized correctly as well as certifying that reports and data are accurate and valid.
- Provide biomarker expertise in clinical documents, being responsible for Biomarker/pharmacodynamics markers section of all clinical documents and lab manual
- Define biomarker sample management with Clinical Operations
- Analyze biomarker data and contribute to data interpretation
- Interact with cross-functional stakeholders, in particular with research, translational medicine, clinical pharmacology, clinical operations, as well as clinical data management, quality
- Represent biomarker activities of the clinical study in relevant meetings
All this is done in a team-oriented, result-driven, multi-disciplinary and international R&D environment.
Who are you ?
The ideal candidate has:
- A PhD in Life Sciences and postdoc in biomedical research areas or equivalent through experience.
- More than 6 year of experience in biomarker research and analysis in clinical studies
- Experience in Immuno-inflammation and/or fibrosis research preferably in industry
- Proven capabilities in conducting assay performance and validation in clinical development under industrial standards (e.g., Good Clinical Laboratory Practices)
- Fluency in a wide range of biomarker technologies, including multiplexing analysis, immunophenotyping analysis
- Preferred experience in ‘omics technologies (transcriptomic and proteomic analyses)
- Excellent communication skills in English, in writing and in presenting to team,
cross-functional stakeholders within the company. The ideal candidate can compile and comprehensively present reports, plans for people of the same as well as non-related disciplines.
- You have excellent organizational skills
- You can work under ambitious timelines in the context of multidisciplinary team work.
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!