Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before.In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Biobank Manager, Specialist
Scope of the job
In support of our biobank project, this position gives you the opportunity to manage a biobank for internal use on the 3 European sites of the company. It completes the team of Translational Science with strong expertise in human sample management. Under the authority of the Project leader, you will manage the scientific, operational, quality, regulatory, administrative and organizational aspects of the project. The biobank is centralizing a large diversity of animal and human samples from research and clinical studies.
- Daily operational functions of the biobank, including biological sample management. You must be able to perform any operational lab activities such as sample storage, request, disposal.
- Operational support, guidance to biobank laboratory staff
- Train the biobank users
- Timely update of Biobank Quality plan and related procedures with Quality as needed.
- Coordinate the Biobank activities in line with Quality, Legislation, Regulation. Follow up of biobank regulation requirements, interactions with Biobank authorities
- Provide support on biobank LIMS inventory to biobank users, interaction with Information Systems department to adapt the LIMS to new needs, to connect the LIMS to other internal IS systems
- Lead the standardization of sample storage and sample processes in interaction with biologists in the 3 sites, including quality control and procedures
- Interact with key stakeholders: laboratory staff to senior managers, including interaction with research and development teams involved in sample collection and use
- Participate to different committees related to biobank: Ethical committee, Advisory committee, and Biospecimen committee
- Organize and lead meetings with relevant stakeholders
All this is done in a team-oriented, result-driven, multi-disciplinary and international research environment
Who are you ?
- You have a Master in Biobank Management or equivalent through experience.
- You have a previous experience (at least 3 years) in biobanking in biotech or pharma/ industrial setting, ideally in France or Belgium
- Knowledge of biobank LIMS, experience with Biobank Labware LIMS is a clear plus
- Knowledge of GDPR, related ethical regulations including an understanding of the ethical and practical issues in relation to handling of biological samples
- Knowledge of biobank quality requirement
- Knowledge of ontologies will be an asset
- Proven capabilities in leading and coordinating activities across groups with different expertise
-Excellent communication skills in French and English, in writing and in presenting to team,
cross-functional stakeholders within the company and senior management. The ideal candidate can compile and comprehensively present reports, plans for people of the same as well as non-related disciplines.
- You have excellent organizational skills
- You can work under ambitious timelines
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!