Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
Scope of the job
You will assist 3 services in performing their administrative tasks. For HR department, you will organise recruitment and trainings. For Discovery administration, you will support travels booking, catering and front desk. For Accounting you will mainly help to prepare invoices and archiving.
This position has really varied tasks and a real front desk role, with a lot of contacts with our internal and external customers.
Permanent contract, full time.
- support recruitment organisation : agenda organisation, notifications, travel / accommodation booking, room booking, candidate reception, support to negative answers,
- support training organisation : room booking, notifications, catering orders, room preparation,
- record training in HR files and software,
Discovery / Shared services administration
- support Discovery and Shared services travels and accommodation (booking travels, hotels, taxi, etc.),
- monitor front desk reception (picking up people at welcome board when business can not, visitor badges requests, etc.),
- support catering orders for Discovery meetings,
- as part of the Administrative Assistante pool, being back-up during holidays (catering, room booking, launching systems during meetings, etc.),
- in charge of the daily mail,
- sorting and preparing invoices (scanning, printing, naming), record them in the accounting system,
- support accountants in monthly intrastate declaration by gathering, checking and recording data in excel sheets,
- perform yearly archives,
- during accountants absences (holidays, etc.), support the daily activities by performing various administrative tasks.
Who are you ?
As a very well organised person, you will handle the activity of 3 services to set up your daily priorities.
With excellent communication skills, you will be able to alert your managers and transfer the relevant information.
As the first smile from Galapagos, you will be able to perform a great guest experience to our candidates, visitors and partners.
You speak a fluent English as interactions with non-French speaking are routine. A third language is a plus (especially Dutch or German but also Spanish, Portuguese or Italian).
You master Microsoft Office tools (especially excel) and like to use communication technologies.
A first experience as assistant in an international company is appreciated.
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!