Associate Scientist with mass spectrometry expertise - Mechelen
As Associate Scientist you will be part of a team that will be responsible for the setup and implementation of mass spectrometry based screening in support of our drug discovery programs.
- You will execute MS-based experiments, starting from biological sample preparation applying various extraction techniques (such as liquid-liquid, solid phase and protein precipitation) followed by quantitative analyte detection with LC-MS
- You will perform assay and method development on (automated) workstations
- You will implement new advanced mass spectrometry based solutions for omics research.
- Based on analysis of your experimental results, you contribute to the design, planning and execution of follow-up experiments.
- You ensure good documentation of your work in lab notebooks and/or LIMS systems
- You operate and maintain the laboratory equipment including the required troubleshooting.
- You follow the literature concerning mass based screening and make proposals based on recent published developments in that field
- You participate and /or present in internal meetings
- You have a Master degree with 1-3 yrs experience in mass spectrometry, or bachelor with 3-5 yrs relevant experience.
- Expertise in quantitative LC-MS/MS method development and analysis is required
- Experience with high throughput autosamplers (RapidFire) and programming automated liquid handlers is a plus
- You have affinity for omics technologies and interest in biological pathway analysis
- You have experience in the design of experiments and the analysis of the data
- You have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, ability to adapt activities according to priorities and work independently
- You bring new ideas and creativity to tackle challenging tasks
- You strive to highest quality research, you can critically assess own and published data
- You are an excellent team player with objective driven mind-set
- Excellent communication in English is a must