Accountant with project management experience - Mechelen,BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for an Accountant- Mechelen, BE.
You will report to the Treasury and Accounting Director and will provide support to the Accounting team of Galapagos in Mechelen while respecting internal rules and policies in a SOX-compliant environment.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure proper coordination with external accounting partners running the accounting operations of 3 small existing legal entities in Switzerland, US and UK
- Ensure, in collaboration with the local teams, the approval of vendor invoices and expenses notes according to internal rules and prepare payment batches for those small legal entities
- Validate all legal returns produced by the external accounting partners as well as the reporting for internal use
- Prepare the migration of the existing small legal entities on the new common ERP platform in 2020
- Organise the accounting operations, internally or with partners, for future small legal entities to be created in Belgium, in Germany and Italy
- Manage other ad hoc accounting related projects and administrative tasks
- Contribute to the quality of SOX controls and documentation requirements of the Accounting function
- Assist colleagues in Accounting team dealing with the larger legal entities for AP invoices registration or in the context of the monthly closure
Who are you?
- You have obtained a Bachelor degree in accountancy, and you have a minimum of 3 years of significant experience in an A to Z accounting role
- You are very well organized, analytical, accurate, rigorous and driven by providing quality.
- You have good interpersonal skills and you enjoy team work and international contacts
- You have a good knowledge of the VAT legislation
- You are proficient with ERP package; (experience with SAP is a plus)
- You are a seasoned Excel user
- Experience in a SOX-compliant environment is an added value
- You are fluent in English and German both in speaking and writing (English being our corporate language)
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!